Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Most Spiritual Experience

Childbirth. Definitely. I have had 24 hours to think more about this question oto think of a great spiritual moment and this is what I have come to. The moment of being handed a baby that just came from my own insides. I think there is no better time to be confronted most powerfully with the awe and magic of the transfer of life and the connection to something miraculous and greater than the sum of the parts. I recall the immediate love and overwhelming gratefullness and sense that I needed to thank God for the beautiful gift of our newborn Danielle.
by
Stacy M.

3 comments:

rabbipaul@orami.org said...

Wow, so many people also sense that the moment of birthing a child is one of their most spiritual moments. As you said, gratefulness and love and awe of the moment turns us to God.

When else, I wonder, do we find ourselves overwhelmed by those same emotions???

Sue Gould said...

Beautiful!

Kevin said...

I agree 100% - see my own posting for how I felt when all of my children were born. While from the male perspective, a very similar spritual feelings seems to have been felt.