Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Is Torah Spiritual?

To me, Torah presents the morals and ethics of our people. Do I find spititual connections in Torah? I do. The feeling of spirtuality for me is in the connection to what has come before me. The people, places and struggles inscribed in the Torah are a behavioral and ethical road map for me. I seem to face many of the same human struggles that are written in the five books. The emotions, behaviors and actions of the past has a profound effect on me today. I do find spirtual connection in the stories and lessons of the Torah.

2 comments:

Rabbi Paul Kipnes said...

Tony, Welcome to the spirituality discussion.

I love the idea of Torah as a "behavioral and ethical road map." Shows us how to get to the moral place, yet we make our own choices to follow the directions or not.

I too find it to be a very spiritual sourcebook for life and living.

Kevin said...

Here, here! Your comments resonate with what I was thinking as I wrote mine about it being a tool like a road map or a compass. It is facinating that we do not seem to have problems too different from those sages that wrote about people 2000 to 4000 years ago!