Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer....Connections....Spirituality

Okay, this is an easy question to ponder. Well, the truth is that there is not much pondering involved, hence my quick response! The summer is all about recharging, reconnecting and reminding. The recharging part is easy to understand and needs no explanation, the reconnecting falls in similar category. I look forward to getting together with friends who we do not see (or not see often) during the regular year.
As the reminding part, maybe it's just where I am, but there's so much going on; things I cannot control (like when did my daughter become a middle school student?!?) and I want to just be in the moment and savor where we are and what we are doing.
The spirituality comes into play because when I am really connected in the moment and taking it all in, I feel a deeper connection. One that comes from the awareness and acceptance of spirituality. For me this happens most often outdoors and in nature. I've been at the beach twice this summer and sitting in my beach chair, looking out towards the horizon, I am reminded of all that is beautiful and tranquil and right with this world.

1 comment:

Sue Gould said...

Hope to see you at the beach this summer!