Friday, June 18, 2010

Recharging my Batteries

This summer I plan on recharging my spiritual batteries by being lazy. Probably not very ambitious or inspiring but it sounds perfectly wonderful to me. I have a HUGE stack of books and magazines that I haven't had time to peruse and I am looking forward to sitting on my backyard swing and reading and chillaxing. I also plan on having many super casual, pajama dinners with friends and family. To top off my spirituality tank, I look forward to attending shabbat services as a congregant (and not as a worker). The President's announcements are just about the last part of the service and I couldn't "relax" until my "speech" was over. All those years of giving announcements prevented me from "being in the moment" of the service as I was too focused on what I would say when I got on the bimah. Now, ahhhhhh, I can sit back, relax, and get reaquainted with the beauty of summer and shabbat.


No comments: